HOW TO MAKE RAJMA
Ingredients Required: –
- Rajma – 1 cup or 250 gm (soaked for 1 ½ hour)
- Onion – 2-4 medium sized (grinded)
- Tomatoes – 2-4 medium sized (grated)
- Green chillies – 2-4 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 2 inch piece (grated)
- Garlic – 5-6 (crushed)
- Bay leaves – 2-4
- Red chilly powder – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds (jeera) – ½ tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Dhaniya (coriander) powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – ¼ tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Dried mango powder (amchoor) – ½ tsp
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Water – 6 cups
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- First of all, put Rajma in pressure cooker with 4 cups water and ½ tsp salt, oil ½ tbsp, turmeric powder ¼ tsp and put on flame and give 2 whistles and lower the flame for 2 more whistles.
- Now off the flame and after 10 minutes add remaining two cup of water and again put on flame for more whistles till rajma are boiled or give 3 more whistles on low flame and your rajma are boiled.
- Now, to make its masala take a frying pan put 1 ½ tbsp of oil put cumin seeds, asafoetida, bay leaves and add onions and sauté them for 2-4 minutes on medium flame then add green chillies, ginger, garlic and again sauté them till onions are light brown in color.
- Now add tomatoes in it and mix well, then add all the species like red chilly powder, turmeric powder, dhaniya powder, garam masala, dried mango powder and salt in it and keep on low flame covered with lid till oil get separated.
- Add fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or chapattis.