HOW TO MAKE POHA
Ingredients required: –
- Poha – 400gm (thick)
- Onion – 2 finely chopped
- Tomato – 1 small
- Potato – 1 medium sized finely cut in triangle shape
- Asafoetida (hing)- a pinch
- Curry leaves – 5-7 petals
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chili powder – ¼ tsp
- Dry coriander (dhaniya) powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds (jeera) -¼ tsp
- Fresh coriander leaves (dhaniya)
- Salt – as per taste
- Ground nuts (maungfali)- 8-12 piece
- Carrot – 1 small finely chopped
- Dry fruits like almonds (badam), etc (optional)
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Firstly, take poha and wash them with water (as water drain out, take a basket) for this
- Then take a deep pan (kadai) and put oil in it, then add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and asafoetida, then curry leaves.
- Now, put onion in pan, sauté them till they turn transparent then add tomato.
- Add potato and carrot in the pan till they become soft and then add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, Dry coriander (dhaniya) powder and add salt then, mix well.
- Now, add poha in the pan and mix well at low flame with continuous stirring.
- Now, at low flame add fresh coriander leaves, ground nuts, dry fruits for garnishing.
- Off the flame and keep for 2 minutes.
- And serve them with suggested garnishing.
TIPS FOR DISH: –
- Don’t over cook the onion as the moisture of onion with get dry. So only sauté them they their color change into light pink
- Adding tomato with care as if tomato is more juicy it will add moisture in dish and will spoil it
- Don’t put ground nuts while making add it after adding poha otherwise it will not be crunchy in taste.