HOW TO MAKE MATAR PANEER
- Paneer (cheese) – 200 gm (cut in cubes)
- Matar (peas) – 200 gm
- Green chillies – 2-4 (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 3-4 medium sized (grated)
- Onion – 2-3 medium sized (finely chopped)
- Ginger – garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds (jeera) – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Bay leaves (tej patta) – 2-4
- Cinnamon (dal chini) – 1 stick (2 inch break in pieces)
- Coriander (dhaniya) powder – ½ tsp
- Asafoetida (hing) – a pinch
- Salt- as per taste
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Oil – 1 ½ tbsp + for frying
- Water – ½ cup
- First of all, wash the peas with water and drain water through basket and fry cheese in oil in a deep pan
- Take a deep pan and put oil in it to warm and put cumin seeds (jeera), asafoetida (hing), Bay leaves, Cinnamon and now put onions in it, ginger garlic paste and green chilies. And sauté the mixture till onions are light brown in color.
- Now add tomatoes in it and mix well. Then add species like red chilly powder, garam masala, Turmeric powder, Coriander (dhaniya) powder and mix well for 5 minutes.
- Now add peas (matar) in the mixture and add ½ cup water in it. Put on low flame till the peas are tender boil.
- Now add cheese in it and mix with care and off the flame.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.