How to make Aloo tikki
Ingredients required: –
- Aloo – 4 medium potatoes boiled and mashed
- Corn flour – 10-20 gm (you can opt for bread pieces – 2)
- Onion – 1 medium (crushed)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (grated)
- Raisins (kismis) – 10-12
- Green chilly – 2 finely chopped
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Dried coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – ¼ tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Dried pomegranate powder – 1 tsp
- Fresh coriander leaves – 1 ½ tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp + for frying tikki’s
- Firstly, take pan put oil in it and warm it. Then add cumin seeds and asafoetida, and onions sauté them till 1-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Now add green chilies and mashed potatoes and other ingredients like red chilly powder, dried coriander powder, garam masala, salt, dried pomegranate powder and mix well.
- Now take out mixture in a bowl and add corn flour or bread and the fresh coriander leaves and raisins.
- Make round balls from the mixture of equal size. You will be able to make 6-8 balls.
- In a deep pan warm the oil and place tikkis in it and fry till golden brown….serve hot with tomato sauce or fresh coriander chutney or with curd.