HOW TO MAKE ALOO MATAR
(In different style)
- Potatoes (aloo) – 4-5 medium sized (cut in cubes)
- Peas (matar) – 1 cup
- Tomato – 2 (grinded but not puree)
- Ginger – 2 inch piece (finely chopped)
- Soya chunks – 8-10 (soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- Green chilly – 2-3 crushed
- Cumin seeds (jeera) – ½ tsp
- Asafoetida (hing) – a pinch
- Red chilly powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder (haldi) – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon (dal chini) – 1 inch stick
- Coriander (dhaniya) powder – 1 tsp (soaked in 1 tbsp water for 10 minutes)
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil for cooking – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1 ½ cup for making vegetable (plenty of water for washing too)
- Fresh coriander leaves
- First of all wash potatoes nd peas with water and drain water of potatoes after ½ hour and when making wash peas on the spot.
- Now take a pressure cooker and add oil in it then add cumin seeds, asafoetida, cinnamon, green chillies, then add tomatoes and stir fry for 5-8 minutes
- Now add peas and other species like turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt and 1 ½ cups water and potatoes and the soya chunks.
- Now put the lid of pressure cooker and wait for 2-3 whistles.
- Then, add ginger and fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Add ginger after giving whistle.