HOW TO MAKE SAMBHAR MASALA AT HOME
Sambhar is a South-Indian curry and taste very good. Basically, it is a lentil based stew and made with tamarind pulp and Pumpkin and as per taste veggies can be added.
To make Sambhar, sambhar masala is added in it. Ready made sambhar masala is available in market but as NansRecipe always say home-made has an ultimate taste when cooked with Love <3
I tried for first time so made it in small quantity.
So, here I am sharing recipe of home-made sambhar masala.
Ingredients Required: –
- Arhar dal – 2 tbsp
- Chana dal – 2 tbsp
- Urad dal – 1 tbsp
- Dried coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Bay Leaves – 3-4
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
- Dried Red chili – 4-5 (adjust as per taste)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- First of all, gather all ingredients and make sure no impurities are there.
- Dry roast all the ingredients on the low flame.
- But first of all add lentils i.e chana dal, arhar dal, urad dal and roast them
- Add other ingredients after 1-2 minutes.
- Off the flame as you see color has changed to light brown.
- Bring it to the room temperature.
- Now transfer it in the grinder.
- Make a smooth powder.
- At the end add turmeric powder and once more grind well.
- It’s ready. Store it in air tight container.
- Use as required and feel the taste difference.