HOW TO MAKE PAN PIZZA
Pizza is liked by everyone and especially by kids and youngsters. So I thought of making it at home and with semolina and veggies. Thus, it holds great nutritional value and good for health.
As the veggies used in it are good for health and semolina (sooji) holds good nutritional values and also it is given to person who is having sore throat or suffering from flu, My Nanny use to cook sooji ka halwa for me. I have posted the recipe for sooji ka halwa you can find it on Nans Recipe website
Ingredients Required: –
- Pizza base – 4
- Green capsicum – ½ small (finely chopped) + ½ sliced
- Onions – 1 medium (chopped) + 1 small (sliced)
- Corn – 2 tbsp
- Semolina – 100 gm
- Ajwain (Carom seeds) – ¼ tsp
- Mozzarella cheese – 200 gm (grated)
- Chili flakes – as per taste
- Basil leaves (dried sweet tulsi) – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Pizza sauce- 3 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup – as required
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Water – as required to make batter of sooji
- First of all, sieve semolina and add water in adeep bowl and keep aside.
- Now, take deep pan and heat oil in it. Add onions and capsicum, salt and chili flakes.
- Sauté it well for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the onion and capsicum in the batter of semolina.
- Now take tawa or flat pan and sprinkle some oil and make a pancake with semolina mixture, light brown from one side
- Apply 1 tbsp of pizza sauce on a pizza base.
- Then, transfer the pancake on a pizza base.
- Now on the pizza base add the grated cheese, sliced onion
- Make the variant of pizza with sliced capsicum and corn.
- Also make the veggie pizza with all the ingredients i.e. onion, capsicum and corn.
- Then on tawa/flat pan transfer it carefully and add tomato ketchup and sprinkle some more grated mozzarella cheese and place lid for 3 minutes on low flame and make sure pan is pre-heat.
- Then, transfer in serving plate and serve hot by suggested topping.
- Add water in sooji with care as more water will makes the batter thin.
- If making pizza for kids, thus adjust chilly level.
- In the absence of carom seeds(ajwain) oregano can be used (1/2 tsp).
- You can cut semolina from this recipe and simply take light brown base, apply pizza sauce.
- Then add little cheese, then veggies, then ketchup, then again cheese and simple put on flat pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.