HOW TO MAKE KULFI AT HOME
According to Wikipedia, Kulfi was traditionally prepared by evaporating sweetened and flavoured milk via slow cooking, with almost continuous stirring to keep milk from sticking to the bottom of the vessel where it might burn, until its volume was reduced by a half, thus thickening it, increasing its fat, protein, and lactose density. It has a distinctive taste due to caramelization of lactose and sugar during the lengthy cooking process. The semi-condensed mix is then frozen in tight sealed moulds (often kulhars with their mouths sealed) that are then submerged in ice mixed with salt to speed up the freezing process.
As summers is at its height so, we all need something to sooth ourselves. To cope up with this heat we usually intake drinks available in market which are quite harmful to an individual. So I thought lets prepare something refreshing at home itself with some kulfi mix powder available in market. So, I went to the market and buy the kulfi (Badam Pista flavored mix) and then prepared it at home.
Ingredients Required: –
Serves – 7-8
- Kulfi Mix – 1/2 cup (or as requirement)
- Milk – 500 ml
- Sugar – 2-3 tbsp (or as per need)
- First of all, take a deep pan and pour milk in it.
- Boil the milk on high flame, then lower the flame and add kulfi mix.
- With continuous stirring mix it well on low flame.
- When the mixture boil keep it for 2 minutes on low flame without stirring.
- Now off the flame and let the mixture cool down to room temperature. It will take 30-45 minutes.
- In the mean while take kulfi moulds and set it.
- Now pour the mixture in it. Keep the little from above empty as when something freezes it comes up.
- After pouring now set it in freezer and freeze it. It will take 7-9 hours for perfect kulfi.
- Keep it untouched for that time.
- After that bring it out and for 1 minute stand it.
- Then, with the help of knife, demould it.
- Now, serve it 🙂
- It’s ready to be served…