HOW TO MAKE GOBHI KORMA
According to Wikipedia, Korma is something related to non vegetarian. Korma originated from South Asia or Central Asia which is prepared with yogurt, nuts, cream, e.t.c. . So gobhi korma is basically made with cauliflower and yogurt followed by peas. Adding curd or cream will make it rich and presentable. So here is gobhi korma little sour and little sweet 😛 .
Ingredients Required: –
- Cauliflower – 1 medium
- Onion – 2 medium
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (chopped)
- Green Cardamom – 1
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic cloves – 4-5 (chopped)
- Green chilly – 2 (chopped)
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Cashew nuts – 7-8 (roasted)
- Green peas – 1/4 cup
- Dried coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- First of all, grate cauliflower and keep aside.
- In grinder make paste of ginger, garlic, fennel seeds, cardamom and green chili
- Now heat oil in pan, add cumin seeds, asafoetida and saute for 2-3 seconds.
- Now add grind-ed paste and onion and saute them till light brown.
- Now add green peas and grated cauliflower and saute well.
- Add spices and salt and once again mix well.
- Cover it and cook on low flame till soft.
- Now off the flame, after 5 minutes add curd and mix well.
- Add roasted cashew nuts in it.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- It’s ready to be serve hot with chapatti, puri, tandoori chapatti or naan.
- You can add cheese cubes at the end (while serving) for enhance its presentation and taste.