HOW TO MAKE BLACK CHICKPEAS (KAALE CHANE)
Black chickpeas are very energetic food. It is advised to eat cup full boiled black chickpeas in morning as break fast which is very helpful in reducing weight.
To see more about black chickpeas see below link :
Ingredients Required: –
- Black chickpeas – 1/2 cup
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Roasted cumin seeds powder – 1 tsp
- Bay leaf – 2
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- Ginger paste – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dried coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Dried mango powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – 2 cup
- Fresh coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- First of all, soak black chickpeas in plenty of water overnight with baking soda.
- Now other day, in morning drain water and wash chickpeas with plenty of water.
- Take pressure cooker, heat oil in it.
- Add cumin seeds, asafoetida and crackle it. Add bay leaf and cinnamon and saute.
- Now pour 2 cup water and add chickpeas.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, dried coriander powder, garam masala, salt and mix well.
- Cook it and give whistle till soft.
- Now open the lid and if some water is there, keep on flame and let water evaporates.
- Now add dried mango powder, and once again mix well.
- Off the flame when water evaporates.
- Now, take out in bowl and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Its ready to be served hot with chapatti or it can be eaten as it is.
- Chickpeas (nansrecipe.wordpress.com)