Ridge gourd (tori)
HOW TO MAKE TORI
This ridge gourd / tori / zucchini belong to gourd family and these are very helpful in losing weight.
As i already told in my earlier post about it’s advantages and now rewriting them will be no use. So telling you some more advantages of ridge gourd:
While buying tori make sure they are unripe and green. These will have soft seeds inside and very good for health.
Secondly, it has blood purifying properties and help in skin treatment.
What’s interesting here i am making vegetable with peel of tori too. So, for this while peeling tori just peel little thick i.e. peel’s green part and little just tori’s part.
If the peel is very thick then, nothing will be left in tori. Thus, what you have to do is do two things in
1. Keep peel in one basket.
2. Keep zucchini / ridge gourd in other basket.
Ingredients Required: –
- Tori – 1 kg (or as per required)
- Onions – 3 medium sized (peeled and chopped)
- Tomatoes – 1 large sized (chopped)
- Lemon juice – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Green chilly – 3 (finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 + 1/2 tsp tsp
- Asafoetida – 2 pinch
- Red chilly powder – 1/4 tsp (if required)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 + 1/2 tsp
- Dried coriander powder – 1/2 + 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 + 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1 + 1 1/2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- First of all, wash tori with plenty of water and then peel tori and chop the left one.
- Then, take pressure cooker heat 1 tbsp of oil and add cumin seeds and a pinch asafoetida.
- Then add, tori in pressure cooker, turmeric powder, red chili powder, dried coriander powder, garam masala and salt.
- Mix well and close the lid and give 2 whistles and off the flame.
- Open the lid. It’s ready… served hot with chapatti.
Procedure for making vegetable with peel: –
- Take deep pan or kadai and heat oil in it and add cumin seeds and asafoetida in it.
- Add onion and sauté till light brown followed by green chili and tomato.
- Sauté for 5 minutes and then add peel in kadai and the species and mix well by placing lid.
- Cook it till soft and then off the flame. Its ready… served hot.