HOW TO MAKE ALOO MANGODI
Mangodi is made with skinless green gram. The procedure of making mangodi is, lentils are soaked in water for 5-6 hours. Then it is grind-ed and thick batter is made and with spices it is mixed. Then, small amount is kept on plastic sheet (say amount is similar to 2 peas sized). And then, they are dried in sunlight for 3-4 days. Then, it’s ready to use.
Ingredients Required: –
- Potatoes – 2 medium sized (peeled and cut in cubes)
- Mangodi – 1/2 cup (slightly beaten by rolling pin)
- Tomato – 1 medium (crushed)
- Onion – 1 medium (peeled and chopped)
- Green chilly – 1 (crushed)
- Bay leaves (tej patta) – 2
- Cinnamon (dalchini) stick – 1/2 inch peice
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dried coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Fresh coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- First of all, take pressure cooker and heat oil in it.
- Add cumin seeds, asafoetida, bay leaves and cinnamon stick.
- Then add, onion and saute till it turns pink. Now add tomatoes and green chilly accompanied by turmeric powder and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add mangodi and saute it for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and the species and once again mix well.
- Add water and salt, place the lid and cook for 3 whistles and then off the flame.
- After 5 minutes open it and garnish with coriander leaves.
- It’s ready… serve hot with chapati.