HOW TO MAKE WHITE PEAS
White peas are just like chick peas; the difference only is chick peas are eaten up with Bhatura’s and white peas are eaten up with kulcha’s. There is lot difference in taste and easy to make. Let’s make it then.!
Ingredients Required: –
- White peas (safed matar) – 1 cup
- Onions – 3-4 medium sized (chopped)
- Tomatoes – 4-5 medium sized (chopped)
- Green chilies – 3 (chopped)
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dried mango powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Degi mirch – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Dried coriander powder / lemon juice – 1 tsp / 1 lemon
- Oil – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Water – 2 1/2 cup
- Fresh coriander leaves – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- First of all, soak white peas overnight (8-10) hours at room temperature.
- Then, pressure cook it for 5-6 with water, salt, turmeric powder and little oil.
- If, peas are not soft give more whistles as per convenience and make them soft.
- Then, after it’s done drain water of peas in other container and peas in other.
- Now, in bowl take peas and add chopped onions, tomatoes, species, chaat masala, salt, green chilies, lemon juice / dried coriander powder and mix well.
- Then, add lemon juice and mix well once again.
- It’s ready… serve it with kulcha’s an d garnish with fresh coriander leaves and little chopped onions and tomatoes.
- You can opt for radish in place of onions. Just grate them and mix in place of onions and also garnish with it.
- It will taste the same… enjoy it.