How to make Amla candy
Amla candy is a sweet candy and is good for health and helps in digestion. Taking everyday 4-5 cloves of candy will help you to keep some health problems away i.e. related to your stomach, hairs, nails and bones.
Health benefits of Amla
Amla promotes healthier hair, and boosts the absorption of calcium, thus creating healthier bones, teeth, nails and hair.
Helps to maintain youthful hair color and retards premature graying.
It is rich in Vitamin C , and known to prevent premature hair-fall.
Ingredients Required: –
- Indian Gooseberry (Amla) – 1 kg
- Fennel (saunf) powder – 1/4 tsp
- Water – plenty to boil Amla
- First of all, boil water in deep utensil and then, add Amla in it with fennel powder and black rock salt.
- Cook amla for 2-4 minutes in it and then off the flame and place the lid for 5 minutes.
- Now let the water cool down at room temperature.
- Now sieve the water and de-seed them and make cloves.
- After this, keep the cloves of amla in large container with 650 gm of sugar and cover it.
- Make powder of rest 50 gm sugar.
- Next day you will see that sugar crystal has turned into sugar syrup and amla cloves are floating on it.
- Mix it once and keep again for one more day.
- Next day you will see amla cloves get settled at the bottom which implies sugar get fully immersed in cloves.
- Now sieve the syrup and dry the cloves in sun for 1-2 days.
- Now when amla cloves are dry sprinkle sugar powder on it and it’s ready.
- Keep it in air-tight jar and enjoy it.
- The sugar syrup which is left after the procedure can be used in the form of squash.
- Simply you have to do is with continuous stirring heat it so that it become thick.
- Strain it and store in glass jar.
- And whenever you need it, just add 2 tbsp of squash/sharbat with adequate water and ice-cubes.
- Chill it and serve…