Bengal gram rice
How to make Bengal gram rice
Ingredients required: –
- Rice – 1 glass or say 200 gm (soaked for hour)
- Bengal gram (chana dal) – 100 gm (soaked in water for one hour)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (grated)
- Red chilly powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Dried coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – ¼ tsp
- Bay leaves – 2-3
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- Cloves – 3-4
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Oil – 1 ½ tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Water – 600 ml
- Firstly, take pressure cooker and add oil and warm it. Then put cumin seeds, asafoetida, bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves and sauté.
- Now add water and add Bengal gram and pressure cook till one whistle with salt, turmeric powder and other species like dried coriander leaves, garam masala and red chili powder.
- Take out the lid and add rice and fresh coriander leaves and mix well. Don’t place lid back.
- Stir till all water evaporates with continuous stirring and then off the flame and place lid for 10 minutes.
- Your chana dal rice is ready… to be served hot with curd or tomato sauce.
- To try in new style.
1. Potatoes – 1 medium sized (chopped)
2. Onion – 1 medium sized (chopped)
3. Garlic – 3-4 cloves (chopped)
4. Tomato – 1 medium sized (chopped)
5. Peas – ½ cup
6. Chana dal – 100 gm (as mentioned above) + all above ingredients
1. Follow first step and then add onion and garlic and sauté till they turn pink and add tomato and sauté for 2 minutes.
2. Then follow second steps accompanied by potato peas and give whistle.
3. Then all similar to above follow those above steps.
4. And your rice is ready with a twist. Serve hot…