· Whole wheat flour (atta) – 1 cup
· Gram flour (besan) – ¼ cup
· Cumin seeds (jeera) – ½ tsp
· Turmeric (haldi) – ½ tsp
· Red chili flakes – ½ (as per taste)
· Salt – as per taste or 1 ¼ tsp
· Dry fenugreek leaves (kastoori methi) – 1 tbsp
· Yogurt (dahi) – ¼ cup
· Asafoetida – a pinch
· Oil for cooking and for dough – 2 ½ tbsp (approx.)
· Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl: flour, gram flour, asafoetida, cumin seeds, turmeric, chili flakes, salt, and fenugreek leaves.
· Add oil and yogurt to the bowl and mix well. Add water as needed to make firm dough.
· Knead the dough for 2 minutes on a lightly greased surface to make smooth.
· Set the dough aside and cover it with a damp cloth. Let the dough rest for at least ten minutes.
· Divide the dough into 6 to 8 equal parts and make a chapatti with help of dry flour.
· Now take a non stick flat pan or tawa and place a Thepla on it.
· Turn it when small air bubbles start appearing on one side and put oil on it.
· Thepla is flavorful bread, this can be enjoyed as is or serve with Plain curd or try with raisin(kismis) chutney this sweet chutney will really enhance the flavor.