Soya Paneer Samosa
How to make soya paneer samosa
Ingredients Required : –
1. For the crust:
- All purpose Flour (Maida) – 2 cups
- Semolina – ¼ cup
- Carom seeds (ajwaiian) – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Desi ghee – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup (or as required)
2. For the filling :
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Onion – ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – ½ cup (chopped)
- soya granules – 1 cup (soaked in warm water)
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala- 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Dry mango powder (amchoor) – ½ tsp
- Cottage cheese(paneer) – ½ cup (roughly chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- For the crust – In a bowl add Maida, semolina, ghee or oil, water and salt and mix well to make tight dough. Keep aside covered with a damp muslin cloth.
- For the filling – Heat oil in a pan, add onion and sauté till golden brown. Now add ginger and tomato and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Squeeze soya granules to remove extra moisture and add it to the pan followed by turmeric powder, garam masala, chilli powder, dry mango powder, paneer and salt. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Remove into a bowl and let cool.
- Divide the dough into slightly big marble size portions and roll each portion very thinly using a rolling pin.
- Cut each rolled portion into two from the center to get two half moon shape rolled out dough portions.
- Now make cones like shape from each portion. Fill the cavity with the filling mixture and seal the edges using water and give it a shape of samosa. Now make impressions with a fork along the edges to give it a design and seal it firmly.
- Now heat oil in a wok and deep fry the prepared samosa’s until crisp and golden brown.